Did you mean: 

Esim on o2 - pixel 4a

Dcgb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’m thinking of switching to o2 as I would like an Esim. As far as I’m aware, my phone (pixel 4a) works with esims. However it’s not listed as a compatible device on the o2 website : https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/esim

Could you confirm whether or not an o2 esim will work with a Pixel 4a?

Thanks

David

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10725 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3106 Solutions

@Dcgb 

The esim works on all Pixel Models, and as it is a GSM standard you can go ahead and use the eSim on the device.. 

Infact o2's esims work on all esim devices, and I have some weird and wonderful devices that work..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Here are some simple steps to activate your eSIM in Pixel 4a and above. Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network. Select Operator and tap Add Operator.

24 Dec 2021

Can't speak for O2 esim in a 4a, I have a physical SIM in mine.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Dcgb 

It's not unusual for the web pages to be out of date.

Best to ask @Chris_K for the latest updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 8

Dcgb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both.

Any updates @Chris_K would be brilliant, thanks.

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10725 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3106 Solutions

@Dcgb 

The esim works on all Pixel Models, and as it is a GSM standard you can go ahead and use the eSim on the device.. 

Infact o2's esims work on all esim devices, and I have some weird and wonderful devices that work..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Dcgb were you able to get eSIM activated on your Pixel?

Message 6 of 8

GerryF
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Works fine in my Pixel 4a, I had posted about it a while ago so a bit of searching in the forum would have 

taken you to: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/eSim-in-Pixel-4A/m-p/1577268

Good luck with yours.

Message 7 of 8

GerryF
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had Esim working in two Pixel 4A's - I dropped the first one in my bath, they sure ain't waterproof 😞
Bought another as I was very happy with the perfect pocket size of the Phone - where is the next small pixel? 
The first time I went online and requested the Esim pack and set it up myself (Just follow the instructions
in the pack and on the phone when doing it), the second time I took it to my O2 store and they kindly did
it all for me. Working well now, I have the O2 Esim set up as main Calls, Data and SMS sim and I can change over to my physical Lebara (Vodaphone) sim if ever the need arises. Both sims are active to receive calls and 
i've set dial out to O2, but I could have it so it asks each time. Works well, good solution to coverage issues.⭐️  

Message 8 of 8