Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase temp number in Apple id

Nottslad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help please?
I've just ported my number over from ee but I had been using the temporary number that came with the SIM card which was linked to my apple I'd, messenger etc. Now my old number has been ported over the temporary number is still the main number and can't be erased as I can't access the number. 
I've tried changing the apple I'd password but no joy and my old number can't be activated.
Can anyone shed any light on this before I ring C/S in the morning?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
NL

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Nottslad 

You'll need O2 to send you a new sim.

Once it arrives you need to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Nottslad 

You can try resetting your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Nottslad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI5, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Being a bit of a newbie, I have a iPhone 7 plus, can you give me a pointer how to start please?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Nottslad 

If you're using iOS15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Message 4 of 9

Nottslad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5.

Yes it's 15.7 I think.

Just before I do when I press reset do the settings come back or do I have to get them sent to me some how?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Nottslad 

The settings will reset themselves but you will lose any saved wifi passwords.

Message 6 of 9

Nottslad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your advice but no joy. I'll ring in the morning.
Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Nottslad 

You'll need O2 to send you a new sim.

Once it arrives you need to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Message 8 of 9

StuartR1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've just ported from EE and everything worked after the porting was complete to 02 you can manually change the number on iPhones @ Settings > Phone > My Number which may work if not as stated above getting a new sim card will work.

Message 9 of 9