Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit

Van
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I tried to make a monthly payment but i payed a deposit will I get it back?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125714 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Hi @Van 

What is a deposit refund and how does it work?

We may need to take a deposit from you when you buy a device from us. If you make your first three monthly payments in full and on time, we’ll automatically transfer the deposit to your airtime billing account in the fourth month.

This credit can remain on your airtime account and be used to pay your monthly airtime bills until it’s been used up. You’ll still need to pay for your Device Plan during this time.

You can get in touch with us to arrange a deposit refund.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/refunds 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38248 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

As you posted in OffTopic section, it is hard to deduce exactly what type of O2 customer you are - and @Cleoriff's advice above holds true for a deposit paid when taking out a new contract.

Not sure how you made a deposit by trying to add money to your account, @Van - but if you are an O2 Refresh Contract handset user, the amount you paid, if a bill is not due in the next 7 days, will remain in your account until the next Airtime ( Guide: How does O2 Refresh work?) bill becomes due for payment - and then the money you have paid will be drawn down to cover that bill.

If you are on a bundled handset/tariff from a reseller, eg MobilePhonesDirect, or a SIMO contract from, eg, Uswitch, then your next bill beyond 7 days will draw down the funds sitting in your account.

If you are a PAYG user, and you are on a Big Bundle, again the amount you paid will be used to renew your bundle at next renewal date. 

If you are a PAYG Rolling Plan( Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans") customer, the payment will remain on your account and will be used to pay for any out-of-tariff items, eg SMS to non-UK numbers, international calls, MMS or such like.

Message 3 of 3