Did you mean: 

O2 contract terminated after requesting a PAC code numerous times

Akh40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

So I recently purchased a new phone/SIM with O2 and took out a contract around 2 - 3 weeks ago. I decided to move my number and ported it over from Voxi. This took a while (probably 4 - 5 days in total) during which somehow both sims were active with the same number (could make calls from both, but texts/calls went to the new SIM).

Anyway, fast forward to June 11th and I returned the phone as I didn't like it, and as it was within the 14 day change of mind I got a full refund on the initial deposit. I was asked if I wanted to keep the number to which I said yes and the person called up someone at O2 and said a PAC code will be generated.

I tried to get the PAC code by texting PAC to 65075 and kept getting the text "Hi, it's O2. There's been an issue processing your request..." message. I finally decided to call as I got a text saying my bill for the contract is almost due which confused me since I returned the phone.

I called up customer service on Wednesday (21st June) and explained my situation and asked to get a PAC code to which he said there was miscommunication as the contract was still active (I still had data and could make calls) and he tried to get a PAC code sent but again I just received a text saying there was an error and he offered to terminate the contract and waive the termination fee, to which I agreed, but he failed to mention that the whole number would be disconnected (I assumed I would become a PAYG customer and would still keep my number, just not be able to call/use data). So the next day I'm left with a dead SIM and have lost a number that I've had for over a decade over taking out a simple contract.

Is there any way I can get the number back? It's linked to everything I have and I'm not happy that it's been lost purely because of some miscommunication error.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Akh40 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36443 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Tagging an advisor, @O2Sarah- for you, @Akh40 - she will reply after 8am this morning here on the forum and may be able to get you sorted - watch out for her answer.

I flagged your other post in Discussions and Feedback for removal, no point in having 2 identical questions here, it only confuses matters.

Good luck, @Akh40..

Message 2 of 3

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Akh40 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 3