cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASH_ERR04: The account number in the target address is invalid.

Steve_C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've been getting this error for a long time now and I usually get around it by using different browsers and, I thought, by using the App. It seems this month, nothing seems to work. I really need a copy of my bill and I can't seem to get it online or via the App AND I can't find an o2 Customer Services number. Can you assist please by telling me what the problem is and how I can get around it ? It seems like it's a really long term issue looking at some of the posts on here.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just in case you want to try something else @Steve_C, here is what I do.

I use Edge, and make sure that the option to clear all browsing history and cookies on exit is ticked.

Open a new window.

Type in the address "accounts.o2.co.uk" - this generates a 403 error.

Remove the "accounts." part from the address and enter. o2 website then loads.

Click on my o2 and enter my details.

Click the image of a phone next to my number (top left just under the main banner).

Click on my phone number.

Then choose "bills and current charges" and "view airtime bill".

Then click on "download and print latest bill".

I then get another tab/window open with the normal bills menu on the left (previous bills, recent charges, etc).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Steve_C 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

The customer services numbers can be found via the link on the bottom of EVERY page at the contact us link (https://o2.co.uk/contactus) 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just in case you want to try something else @Steve_C, here is what I do.

I use Edge, and make sure that the option to clear all browsing history and cookies on exit is ticked.

Open a new window.

Type in the address "accounts.o2.co.uk" - this generates a 403 error.

Remove the "accounts." part from the address and enter. o2 website then loads.

Click on my o2 and enter my details.

Click the image of a phone next to my number (top left just under the main banner).

Click on my phone number.

Then choose "bills and current charges" and "view airtime bill".

Then click on "download and print latest bill".

I then get another tab/window open with the normal bills menu on the left (previous bills, recent charges, etc).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

Steve_C
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, Madasaf1sh,
I called o2 on 202 and, after 10 minutes, I was told "sorry, I don't know what to suggest" and was offered a postal statement in 14 days for a cost of £1.50 or £2. I really couldn't summon up the energy to argue or complain as the life had been sucked out of me, so politely declined and said "bye".

Message 4 of 5

Steve_C
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply gmarkj,

It's only gone and worked !! You are genius, thank you for your time and effort in posting.

Message 5 of 5