Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly getting 'no SIM no service' message and dropped calls

MegaFanyu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I upgraded to a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S20 5G about 18 months ago and ever since I got it I've had this annoying issue which wasn't such an issue to begin with but has continued to get worse until the phone is barely useable to make calls. Every so often I will get a 'no SIM no service' message, and I lose signal entirely. It usually comes back after about ten seconds, but seemingly only if I'm using the phone - I've noticed that often I will pick the phone up and it suddenly reconnects and a bunch of messages come through, so it's obviously lost the signal and only reconnected when I try to use it. The most annoying issue is with calls - when I answer the phone, the signal cuts out and hangs up. When I try to call, the signal drops within 30 seconds. So far I have tried:

• Replacing the SIM
  • Replacing the SIM tray
  • Resetting network settings

No luck. I still have another 18 months on my contract so I want to try and get it fixed but I'm concerned that if I take it into my local store it will get sent off to be looked at and because it's a sporadic issue if the signal is working at the time they test it, they'll just send it back and say it's working. Or they'll just try things I've already tried and eliminated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7099 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Run a diagnostic 

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-perform-hardware-test/#...

And then, if that does not reveal anything then contact Samsung Repair

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

MegaFanyu
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I've just run the diagnostic on the SIM and it says SIM 1 is Normal and recognises O2 as the network, but it says 'Action required' for SIM 2. I don't have a second SIM so I don't know if that's relevant or not - can you interpret at all? Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23523 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@MegaFanyu Have you checked to see if there are any signal issues in your area?

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4