cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone and transfer from old to new number and Tariff.... no help from O2.

A-90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HELP.

I have got in a mess and do not know what to do next as there has been no technical support for the last week...........

I have an old Samsung S4 mini  that I wanted to up the tariff from old PAYG to a £10 month BIG BUNDLE two weeks a go for Big Bundle to start on 5th April. (no new SIM arrived)

The phone then started to play up.

SO

I bought on line through O2 an A10 Samsung  with a PAYG. £15 6GB SIM as I thought the switch between phones on the same provider would be easy.

The new phone and SIM arrived.

Tues last week my son started and transfered data to A10.

The A10 and S4 mini  both showed on MY O2 ACCOUNT, both showed own phone number and accounts, A10 empty / new number and S4 on payg/original number. 

Filled in online O2 form to swap number and SIM as ifo said to do. NOTHING HAPPENED.

No one to ask .......all technical help susspended from O2.

One week later still nothing and no help from O2.

Monday -  found online SIM/nummer swap to do by text from original phone - followed.

Tues  - A10 Number and account details gone fron MY O2.

Phone number still on original S4 and S4 working. 

A10 shows SIM1 not provisioned. ?

What do I do next? I 

Please help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@A-90 

You'll just need to wait for the sim swap to complete.

Keep rebooting new phone once the S4 looses the signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@A-90 If the old sim is the same size, use that one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

O2Curtis
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ok let collaborate and listen... Guru coming at you with a brand new addition....
let’s break it down now y’all...

1. When you wanted to change your existing o2 PAYG (pay as you go) number to a new tariff all that wizardry just happens in the background, so there was no need to get a new SIM card... the tariff would have just automatically have changed keeping the same number and sim in the phone (S4 mini)

2. You bought a NEW PAYG phone from o2 nice! Shiny! Did you go for the Blue?
Anyhow with a NEW PAYG purchase we have to sell you a new Sim Card this is a separate number completely...
So at this stage you have 3 things...
-Original Number sim that he been upgraded to a big bundle tariff...
-A Lovely new A10 (shiny)
-And a new sim with a new number.. on a £15 bundle...
The mistake that has been made here is... you could have requested a PAYG UPGRADE... this basically means you don’t need the new sim card as it isn’t really required (although what you get up to with a second number is totes up to you!)

3.Sounds like your wizard helper has successfully copied everything over from one phone the S4 to the A10... (hope you have hugs.. social distance rules obvs)

The thingy you did by trying to do a sim swap from one sim (original, now £10 big bundle) to the (new number £15 big bundle) will simply not work... why it just won’t and I’ve ran out of humour now...

So the simple fix... (if possible) drum roll please....

Take the Sim out of the S4 and put it directly into the A10!

That will keep you going for the meantime you can then request a tariff transfer on the anniversary date to make the current £10 big bundle into a £15 big bundle if you wish to do so!

Ps. If the S4 sim can not be made small enough to for into your new shiny phone... you will need to search on o2 for a ‘PAYG sim replacement’ this is simply a blank sim card that will allow the number move thing to happen... however don’t worry about this bit just yet hopefully the S4 sim fits into the A10.

The confusion has happened from not requesting a PAYG UPGRADE when buying your new shiny a10. 😬

Hope that help
Clear as mud?

Kind regards

Curtis

PPS. Many loo roles left??
signature
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93887 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions