cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wait to get rid of 02.. paying for a service you don't get!

JB-2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm sick to death of paying for this sim only deal. I don't get signal anywhere and the 4/5g is just as crap.. I've got an EE sim and it's miles better than this rip off service.. you should be allowed to leave when you don't get the service you're supposed to. It's an absolute joke. They did nothing when I made a complaint and shut the case month's later. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@JB-2 Read the Terms & Conditions. O2 pretty much have every grievance you can think of covered, as does every other network:

Pay Monthly Tariff Terms | Terms and Conditions | O2

If you want to cancel see this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

Leaving_this_cr
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm off at the end of August. O2 are the biggest bag of excrement around these days. Non existent mobile data, crap customer service. It took me 45 minutes the other day just to find out how long I have left on my contract. 

And to top it all off, they upped my bill by 16% last year.

Hope they enjoy their ever dwindling customer base 👍

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23904 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Leaving_this_cr I'm not sure why it would have taken you 45 minutes to find that out. 

Check your O2 contract status

1. Log in to your O2 account. Or: http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
  2. Select 'Menu'.
  3. Select 'More'.
  4. Select 'Tariff and payments'. This will show you your contract length and contract renewal date, even if it has passed.

Alternatively, if you bought a device with your contract:

1. Select ‘Ready for a new phone’. This will tell you how much you need to pay off your device plan, and when you can next upgrade if you continue your current payments.
  2. Select ‘Upgrade now’. This page will show you your tariff and usage information.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11264 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Leaving_this_cr 

Vmo2 can’t be that bad if they added over 480K customers in the last quarter….  

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/07/virgin-media-o2-see-uk-broadband-users-fall-to-5-71-mi...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 15

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Leaving_this_cr 

Vmo2 can’t be that bad if they added over 480K customers in the last quarter….  

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/07/virgin-media-o2-see-uk-broadband-users-fall-to-5-71-mi...

Agreed @madasaf1sh. For anyone who is in doubt as to O2's financial success, this is informative :-

Q2 2024 Earnings Release (virginmediao2.co.uk)

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/Virgin-Media-O2-Q2-2024-Earnings-Release...

In particular :-

"....as total mobile connections increased by 403,100 to 45.5 million".

Piecing the jigsaw together and bringing in data from other sources, I think that we have :-

a. 23.8 million O2 subscribers (15.9 million on contracts and the remainder PAYG). 

b. 10 million - that's an estimate - of subscribers via giffgaff, Sky and Tesco. 

c. the balance being IoT connections such as security systems, smart meters and the like. 

It's no wonder that both the network and customer service seem to be creaking under the strain. 

Message 6 of 15

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 628 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I don't have a problem with 02 but must be bad luck on your part! They have always been good to me never going to leave.

Message 7 of 15

Mo12
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been told there is no bar on my phone when there clearly is and my sim will work in other phones. All bills paid. Get told ‘if there is a bar on we have requested it to be lifted and be completed in 24 hours

this has now gone on for nearly five whole days.

Message 8 of 15

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

What, exactly, is the issue you are facing, @Mo12?

Are you Contract or PAYG?

Info on Bars here, if needed: Guide: O2 BARs 

Message 9 of 15

Leaving_this_cr
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do love the cheerleaders on here rushing to O2's defence. Maybe all these extra customers for VM are the reason why their network is so congested and you can't download a webpage let alone a movie. Put a complaint in with O2 2 months ago now, received an email today asking me what my mobile number is (provided in my complaint). 

• Terrible data speeds
  • Shocking customer service
  • Overpriced

Why you lot are singing their hymn sheet is beyond me.

Message 10 of 15