Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts after porting.

Jord1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello.

I recently left three due to awful problems. It seems only to be faced with issues at 02.

I gave my pac code early morning yesterday.
Told me to wait until today. Everything seems to have gone ok. But I can't receive texts from three numbers, I can receive texts from my non three numbers and I can receive phone calls it seems from anyone. I did have one single text come through from a family member who was on three but nothing since. I called and spoke to several people. I've been hung up on and told different things. That it should be done already. It will be done by 6pm today. Now wait until tommorow. It takes two days yet other 02 staff told me 24 hrs and in fact, your website States this too.
have lost service on my old phone and I have to send it back to three due to leaving the contract early. So im at a loss of what to do. I will send this phone back as I'm still in my cooling off period and I won't go through the agro that I did with three again.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23134 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
@Jaord1234 The text function is usually last to activate. It should come on within 24-48 hours. Just keep rebooting your phone every so often.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Jord1234 

Texts are usually the last part of the porting process to work properly.

Keep rebooting your phone and hopefully all will be sorted tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Jord1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for replying. I don't understand why I could randomly receive one text from a Three phone and then suddenly I cannot, and why I can consistently receive other texts from other networks but three, this strikes me as odd.
Message 4 of 9

Jord1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino @ cleoriff

Thank you both for replying. I don't understand why I could randomly receive one text from a Three phone and then suddenly I cannot, and why I can consistently receive other texts from other networks but three, this strikes me as odd.
Message 5 of 9

Jord1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff Thank you for replying. I don't understand why I could randomly receive one text from a Three phone and then suddenly I cannot, and why I can consistently receive other texts from other networks but three, this strikes me as odd.

P. S sorry for spamming I don't know how to edit one comment to tag you both in!!
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23134 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Jord1234 Yes it does sound odd, but I'm not technical enough to be able to explain the porting process. If the problem doesn't rectify itself you'll have to speak to customer service, which isn't an easy thing to do these days.

By the way, for future reference, if you want to edit a post, go to Options in the upper right corner, then the drop down Edit reply. You can do this for the first hour after a post.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Jord1234
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie that didn't work unfortunately
Message 9 of 9