Did you mean: 

Can send text but cannot receive texts to and from a foreign mobile phone

W_Webster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Since November 2023 I switched from EE to O2. I received a new Sim, but was able to keep the same number. My number is an ordinary 07 mobile phone number.

Since then I found out that I can receive texts from my sister, who lives in the Netherlands with a Dutch Mobile Phone provider (a 06 mobile phone number), but I cannot send her texts at all. She cannot receive them, despite saying at my end that the text is sent (and charged!). However, I can phone my sister, and she can phone me.

I have a International bolt on and a spend cap on my phone for International Calls and texts.

I tried to phone my technically issue to O2, but the nice lady and I were not able to resolve the problem at the time.

My international texts were perfectly fine with EE, but as soon as I switched to O2 I have problems with the International texts. National texts and phone calls work fine too. 

Before I phone again for help, is O2 Tech able to check my settings, and perhaps do a diagnostics at their end? I think the settings on my phone work fine. I truly start to believe that something in the connection towards foreign mobile phones is off, but then, I am not technical enough in Mobile phones.

I cannot check with other foreign mobile phones if they have the same problems, though, which is a shame. For now, I am going to assume that this problem is with all mobile phone numbers (in the Netherlands at least).

I thank you in advance for your kind help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9367 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@W_Webster 

Do you have a friend or colleague in the UK who is also an O2 customer and could send a "test" message to your sister ?

That might help to narrow it down to your number or not your number that is the problem.  

Message 11 of 11