Did you mean: 

Call Cancelling

Dutch
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello 02,

I've been trying to call a business number however it always results in a three beep tone, and my iPhone shows "call cancelled". 

I contacted the business, who have investigated and found no evidence that the calls are reaching them indicating an issue with my phone or network. I've tried resetting my phone, clearing blocked numbers, updating software all with no luck. I also contact o2, who themselves has said there is no evidence on their end any outgoing calls are blocked. All other numbers, including alternative numbers to this business are fine. 

I'm at a loss. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dutch
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called o2, who said the number was premium and due to my spend cap, had it blocked. However, this number code appears on o2's list of free of charge numbers, and did not appear on the list of premium numbers I was provided. Another advisor suggested lifting the spend cap slightly, so the call can connect, but no charge would be made. I followed this advice and the calls are now connecting.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10681 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3100 Solutions

@Dutch 

If it is getting the 3 beeps then either the recipient's network or o2 are saying the number is invalid / incorrect, or your blocked,  what happens when you try from a different phone? 

Has their service provider checked for any number blocks on there side or have they just checked the PSTN routing ..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Dutch
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called o2, who said the number was premium and due to my spend cap, had it blocked. However, this number code appears on o2's list of free of charge numbers, and did not appear on the list of premium numbers I was provided. Another advisor suggested lifting the spend cap slightly, so the call can connect, but no charge would be made. I followed this advice and the calls are now connecting.

Message 3 of 3