Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Hodgson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I got my iPhone 13 and Apple Watch 7 a few week back and carried over my old number which was switched last Monday. 
I’ve never been able to get a connection on the Watch. It shows on the status as plan 02 but no connection 

it also shows in the settings sim not provisioned. 
Does anyone have any idea what’s going on. 
everytime I call I get told a different answer And I don’t seem to be getting replies.

I’m getting very frustration with this 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Do you have iData enabled on your account and do you pay bills by direct debit?

Apple watch pairs via the App on your phone, adding a £5 per month add to your tariff, @Hodgson - help on the process below, from a post elsewhere on the Forum:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.
You also need to have iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't work then post back here and someone will pick up and help you out. Good luck.

Message 2 of 11

Hodgson
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning thanks for the reply.

I do pay the extra £5 per month and direct debit 

not sure how to check if I have idata on the account?

On the Watch app I do the i next to 02 under data plan but on the Watch the mobile data connection shows as not connected and under the about settings on the Watch it says sim not provisioned. 
Nobody at 02 seem to know what the issue is 

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

Maybe @O2Lisa can help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma @Anonymous would you mind taking a look at this?

Message 5 of 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

A common problem in search of a guide, this one, @Breanna - multiple threads all being tagged onto by people in difficulty - what think if my thought on another thread? (Not volunteering, btw, but spotting a gap.}

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Error-code-14/m-p/1571735/highlight/true#M24585

Message 6 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Good eye @pgn! I'll have a look closely at that and see what can be put together. Too bad about you not volunteering though...😉

Message 7 of 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@Breanna  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 8 of 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Hodgson I will send you a private message so can look into this for you.

signature
Message 9 of 11

Sharing
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im in the same boat everything connected and signed up for £5 data plain but still not working

Message 10 of 11