Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM transfer: reference code 26

Rod111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I broke my Apple Watch Ultra and has this replaced by AppleCare. I’ve tried to setup mobile data on the new replacement watch, have followed the steps to login to o2 and select transfer existing airtime plan. However, I get an error saying to call o2 and quote reference code 26.

I tried this, but gave up after 40 mins and speaking to multiple advisors. They didn’t seem to understand what was going on and instead were suggesting cancelling the current watch plan and setting up a brand new one.

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38450 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@CCH wrote:

Yes I did this on Insta should I pursue it on X?

Pick one and stick with it, all 3 platforms go back to the same team in any case, @CCH 

Message 11 of 21

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

If that @CCH is aimed at @Rod111, you need to tag him thus. 👍 

Message 12 of 21

CCH
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Rod111 @Oxonian is this how I tag?

@Rod111 pls read my replies on the thread sorry I didn’t tag I am technonumpty 

Message 13 of 21

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@CCH wrote:

@Rod111 @Oxonian is this how I tag?

@Rod111 pls read my replies on the thread sorry I didn’t tag I am technonumpty 

Yes, that is how you tag @CCH ! 👍

Message 14 of 21

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you get this resolved? I’ve just got my new Ultra 2 today upgrading from ultra 1 and am getting exact same issue. Been on phone for hour and a half and they couldn’t resolve so now passing it to a technician but can’t tell me when they will get back to me! @Rod111 @Tagging you in to see where you got with this one please. 

Message 15 of 21

pgn
  • 38450 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

Hi did you get this resolved? I’ve just got my new Ultra 2 today upgrading from ultra 1 and am getting exact same issue. Been on phone for hour and a half and they couldn’t resolve so now passing it to a technician but can’t tell me when they will get back to me! @Rod111 @Tagging you in to see where you got with this one please. 

As per the guide linked above, Activate Apple Watch Guide, the people in CS to talk to are not the call-center teams but the Social Media team, @Shergar - pick one of these links to use and stick with it. Oh, and ping them periodically until you get engagement:

Message 16 of 21

Shergar
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this and acted upon. Would still be nice for someone to report back re what the resolution is. Seen loads of error code 26 but no answer as to the problem/resolution.

Message 17 of 21

Shergar
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just gets better and better. Contacted them, they said did something at their end try again. Tried and still getting error code 26. Contacted again, said it can take 24 hours (that old chestnut), which i could appreciate if it were for eSIM to activate but I cannot even get it on the watch! Now to top it off i cannot go through the process as you have to put your Myo2 password details in when trying to set up and it texts you a code. It is now saying unable to text you anymore codes (because I’ve tried to set up too many times I’m guessing). Their response…. If you are not happy put in a complaint. Absolutely incredulous! So I have a watch and an airtime plan that am paying for that does not work. I’m raging!

Message 18 of 21

pgn
  • 38450 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Several have reported here that after the magic of O2 on their side, it does kick in after some time, @Shergar 

Others say the eSIM in the phone, if paired previously with a watch, needs to be reset - then the setup routine works first time. Do you know, or can you find out, via the same Social Media channel, if they have done that, @Shergar?

Message 19 of 21

Kenbob
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue and am at my wits end. No ESIM on the watch though, just the phone.

Message 20 of 21