Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appealing signal issues

Brib88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both my wife and I switched from rolling sims on Vodafone about a year and a bit ago and since then we have both experienced very bad data connections along with calls dropping out. I brought this up with O2 and went through it h some diagnostics which resulted in a new sim being sent out to myself, after installing there was a little improvement but it didn’t take long to return back to poor signal. I have tried everything I can to improve it and nothing helps to the point some days it just takes forever to load google page. It buffers on videos such as Facebook, TikTok and YouTube and I live within a half a mile of O2 head offices. I get this all over town as well as the few occasions iv been out of town. I am stuck with what to do as I am tied into a contract and very unhappy about paying for services that just arnt up to the required standards. Has anyone else had this issue and managed to rectify it? I Live in Darlington. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24025 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Brib88 See if anything in these guides help:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

If not, get Pay & Go sims from the other networks and see if you get better signals from any of them. If you do, time to switch providers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Brib88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried all of what is on the O2 site and I was previously on Vodafone and had no problems in any of the areas I have issues with on O2. From what I’m reading it seems down the increased numbers brought over from Virgin that’s causing the issue. Overloading the network.  

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8007 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@Brib88 It was bad before Virgin but, yes, bringing over 3 million extra subscribers is a bit like two lanes joining an already crowded motorway.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24025 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Brib88 If you previously had no problems when you were with Vodafone you've answered the question yourself. Obviously you'll have to weigh the length of time you have left on your O2 contract against your dilemma of your current bad signal issues. No one can make that decision for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5