Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Technical - ALL replacement SIMs not working after phone lost

Jimmy5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Heres a difficult one, that everyone inc o2 cant seem to fix.

I have one o2 account & 2 phones associated with those accounts, both worked fine.

Phone number 1 - Apple Iphone 14, had Pay Monthly sim in for 4 years, all ok.

Phone in regular use, no issues.

I then lost this phone.

1 day later called o2 who barred the phone as lost NOT stolen

I asked them if they were able to transfer incoming call to the other phone on my o2 account, so i didnt miss any call? They said YES. And set up a incoming divert - it didnt work....

in the mean time they were sending a new sim in the number of the missing one, so i could fit it into phone 2 which I've never used much.

new sim arrived - sim didn't work.

I then went to my local o2 shop, they fitted another sim and allocated the lost number to it....it didn't work 

They said go to the Apple store to have the phone checked...i did, and its fine. I have also fitted my wife's o2 sim in and the phone works perfectly.

so at the moment, i have two o2 phone numbers nether of which are working !

JUST ONE INTERESTING thing to those of a technical nature, 

Signal strength is strong, and 3G logo drops in and out at regular 1 sec intervals ? 

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12589 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

As you reported the phone and sim lost, both would have been blocked @Jimmy5 

This means when you get a new sim you need to ask customer services to unblock the sim card.

All numbers you need, and links to social media, are in the guide below:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148873 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Jimmy5 

It's a block on the account that's causing the issue.

The sim block should have been lifted when the shop activated the sim they gave you, so get O2 to check for account bars.

Guide: O2 BARs 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Jimmy5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys for the responses, its just a nightmare, o2 Tech customer service are useless to say the least, they are insisting there are no blocks anywhere, account, sim or phone, they've checked the IMEI is not blocked as well.

They reactivated the sim card over the phone again yesterday, after resetting the network settings on the phone for the 3rd time. I have 4 bars on the signal strength and the 3G that flashed has now gone. But alas no calls can be made or received.

I will try them once more this afternoon, there is a huge issue with how good their tech advice is, and this will possibly lead me to cancelling the two numbers i have as i cant use them at all.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148873 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Jimmy5 

You're not the first to say that and you won't be the last.........

Cancellation guide here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5