Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Greece

Linzee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m currently in Corfu, and I cannot get 4G on O2 on my iPhone. I’ve changed the APN to “mobile”, Vodafone GR is the roaming service provider for O2 but connects me on 3G, I have changed from automatic to manual network and tried Cosmote, Vodafone GR and Wind but none will connect on 4G. O2 tell me that I will only get 3G as they don’t have roaming agreements for 4G coverage in Greece. Surely this cannot be correct? I was with Vodafone for years and never had any issues with traveling abroad, connect immediately to 4G and off I went. I have tried to call customer services 36 times now, always engaged, social media is non existent on Twitter and zero response on Facebook. I can’t believe there’s no 4G network coverage for O2 in Greece for UK customers….any advice? TY

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Linzee 

There is 4g roaming available in Greece so it must be an issue with your account settings or all the local networks.

Can you see if anyone else is roaming on O2 and can get 4g?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Linzee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi….thanks for replying….so we’re staying in a villa, just me and hubby so there’s not really anyone to ask, and he’s on Vodafone!! I suspect it needs a customer services input but cannot get anywhere on the phone, always engaged, no option to hold, just get cut off.,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected, I played around a bit more and got 4G on Wind, the Wind that O2 say will only be 3G, hmmmm 🤔🤔 

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Linzee 

Sounds like Vodafone GR don't like none vodafone customers roaming on 4G, I have seen this at times in Malta and Ireland where the local network if having issues will restrict non Vodafone Networks to connect to 4G

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I thought it would be a network issue @Linzee 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5