Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G dropping off to 3G while making calls

Gem77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

why does my iPhone 8 (old, I know) drop down to 3G when making calls? I need to be able to talk and use the internet at the same time and this does not seem possible. All my data settings are correct as I’ve googled the issue and followed the instructions about Volte, or whatever it is but nothing works. Very frustrated.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149111 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Gem77 

You need to ask O2 to enable wifi and 4g calling on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149111 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Gem77 

You need to ask O2 to enable wifi and 4g calling on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Gem77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much, I will call them

Message 3 of 5

Gem77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I do this please? When I click on my devices it asks me if I want to delete the device and I can’t change it. I’m on a rolling SIM only deal, is that why ? Many thanks 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149111 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

Hi @Gem77 

Unfortunately you cannot enable 4g calling on a PAYG plan.

Sorry.

Message 5 of 5