1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can’t.
You can only pay what the chosen tariff requests.
Once you have taken the tariff though, you can make overpayments to reduce your monthly device charges but you still pay it over 2 years unless you pay it all off in full.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can’t.
You can only pay what the chosen tariff requests.
Once you have taken the tariff though, you can make overpayments to reduce your monthly device charges but you still pay it over 2 years unless you pay it all off in full.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You can only pay the upfront payment that is displayed on the website.

If your going for a O2 refresh contract you can make a partial device plan repayment tomorrow over the phone which will lower your monthly payments.

E.g. Start contract today pay the amounts on the website, call up 202 tomorrow and pay £240 off your device plan, your monthly device plan payment will lower by £10
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The device plan payments won’t lower. They’ll stay the same as the tariff says but you will have less to pay over the 2 years contract
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you make a partial device plan repayment of £240 as in my example at the start of your 24 month contract it gets applied to the whole amount and while the term of contract remains at 24 months in this example your monthly payments will go down by £10 per month
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You still pay the full device plan monthly payment that you sign up to. The full amount yes does go down but does not alter how much you pay each month 

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats exactly what it does, lowers your monthly device plan peyments but keeps the term the same.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
So we’ve gone all the way to the first answer on the thread !

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So we’ve gone all the way to the first answer on the thread !

Pretty much. I am going to start singing Windmills of my Mind...Confused LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes I completely understood after message 2 even though I wasn't sure exactly how it worked. 

That being the case, I had nothing to contribute help wise and I certainly would not be correcting people in the know if I was mistaken in thinking incorrectly. 

Maybe someone needs to admit they were wrong @Anonymous 😉

Message 10 of 10