cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im looking for some help, i have a galaxy alpha i bought at heathrow (pay as you go, over 2 years) LOCKED to o2, yet when i ask to get it unlocked I cant seem to get any help. I had a previous phone a c3322 which i had registered and i took the sim from that and used it in my alpha, i didnt put the alpha on my account page. Now i have deleted the c3322 hoping to put in my alphas imei etc to register it, but see that if i want to do that it will text me, lol. i lost the sim ages ago, and im now in singapore and wanting to use my alpha. I even went as far as putting an extra £15 on the lost sim so that i can get it unlocked, this is a pretty aggravating circumstance, ive bought a phone and its locked to o2, yet when i last asked i got told as it wasnt an o2 shop they cant unlock it.....WTF, to be honest i dont give a monkeys what shop i bought it in, i was LOCKED in to O2 so O2 should be the ones to deal with it. a sim unlock code isnt a lot to ask for after two years of being locked into your network.

Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149422 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
Well they cant argue that they weren't O2 supplied phones wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 61 of 90

jonsie
  • 93998 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 62 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12621 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
Just a quick update.
Other provider SIM turned up yesterday. Tried it in phone. No message about sim lock. Had signal, received test text message. So couldn't unlock as already unlocked!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 63 of 90

MI5
  • 149422 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
Yep, that's the normal message you get for an unlocked phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 64 of 90

jonsie
  • 93998 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
FYI,
O2 just sent an unlock code for a cex bought tablet in 7minutes.
Message 66 of 90

MI5
  • 149422 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
Thought they might wink
Message 67 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 125998 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
FYI,
O2 just sent an unlock code for a cex bought tablet in 7minutes.

Well apart from that being a rapid (record) unlock time.....it was locked to O2 but not sold by O2 (and had nothing to do with O2 insure?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 90

jonsie
  • 93998 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 69 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12621 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
it seems as though the "rules" for what will or won't get unlocked aren't really as straight forward as first thought.
It would also be useful if the "we are not unlocking your device" message was a bit more forthcoming - is it because it is not locked, or they didn't lock it, or you need to pay off a balance, etc.etc

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 70 of 90