Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer Nr

prolis45
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hallo! How do I transfer my old Talktalk tel. Number to new o2  phone.

Thanks! slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@prolis45 

See help here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract this applies to all networks.

O2 help https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@prolis45 

See help here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract this applies to all networks.

O2 help https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prolis45 

Just to add as it doesn't mention in the guide, don't be tempted to cancel the TalkTalk Direct Debit (DD) mandate on your bank account, while in theory you can and settle any final bill with a debit card if a system (or a person) makes a mistake and the billing system tries to take your final bill payment and cannot you could find a default automatically  registered on your credit file which could take months to sort out but in the meantime could derail things such as mortgage, loan, credit card or even bank account switch applications.

I would just let the final bill be taken by DD, if they do try and take it twice remember you are entitled to an immediate refund from the bank.

I used to be a moderator on a mobile phone related forum and saw this happen dozens of times across all the service providers.

Oh and in the meantime, if you have to contact TalkTalk, don't mention the word cancellation in relation to your mobile service as the number must be associated with an active account/SIM for the transfer to take place.

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @prolis45, how are you getting on with this now? Do you need any additional help, or did the info abve help you sort it all out?

Thanks @MI5 and @Anonymous for helping out slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4