Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

text and web slow internet

Does anyone else experience extremely slow internet connection? For those on text and web. My phone E63, is 3g compatible and it worked perfectly well with Virgin. I am not sure if I should upload an application (opera?? Im not sure) something I can surf the web with ease. Annoys me in the lack of speed. Thanks if anyone can help.
Anonymous

Hi Mate

If you got 3G before on your previous Sim,

Check if your area has it, O2 3G that is??

Check out the O2 Coverage here for your area,

http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/

Peps
Anonymous

Thank you for your help Peps:-

So you are saying that I need another sim that's 3g? I used wap on my other phone with the same sim for many years, is there that much of a difference that I'd need to change it?

I looked at the map and I see that there should be no issue for lack internet signaling. However, there is otherwise I wouldn't be on here! haha.
Anonymous

Hi Mate!!

Listen how long have you had the O2 Sim??

Anything you've had recently shoud be 3G it'll say on the back of the O2 Sim!

If you've had it for a while you may need a 3G Sim, I had my original Sim for 5.5 Years, but I recently had to get a new 3G Sim!

It does make a big difference!

Peps
Anonymous

Thank you. :)

I've had my sim since 2005! So I need a new sim; to ask o2 if I can still use my old number on the new sim and transfer all my numbers etc onto a new sim and bob's your uncle it should work? Riiiight.

Thank you very much for your help Smiley Very Happy . It is REALLY slow, it makes sense to handwrite letters using quail feathers rather than using my mobile!

High-5's you!
Anonymous

Re: Thank you. :)

I've had my sim since 2005! So I need a new sim; to ask o2 if I can still use my old number on the new sim and transfer all my numbers etc onto a new sim and bob's your uncle it should work? Riiiight.
Thank you very much for your help Smiley Very Happy . It is REALLY slow, it makes sense to handwrite letters using quail feathers rather than using my mobile!
High-5's you!

Hi Mate

No probs, glad to help!

Yeah contact O2, explain the situation, ask them for a 3G Sim, and that you want your number transferring to it, usually takes a couple of days from when you get the Sim!

Make sure you back up all your numbers and anything else you have on the Sim before the number swaps over, as if you don't back em up you will lose em.

They will give you a day when it's going to swap over, once your current Sim become inactive, that's when your new one will be ready to use!

Cheers

Peps