cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taking a contract out

Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried taking a contract out on an iphone 5 and got declined because i didnt provide the right id. i dont have a second debit/credit card to provide but have provided my passport and drivers license what can i do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I think what she is referring to is being refused instore for a contract because of credit rating. Sometimes if the customers rating is too low it will ask for more information such as a second bank card - this does not guarentee an accept, but if you cannot provide it it will be a decline.

Sadly I think this may boil down to the fact your credit rating is too low for the contract, if this is the case you may be eligible for a sim-only deal. The sim-only deal is a 12 month contract which you can upgrade to get a phone after 6 months and (providing you dont miss any payments) helps build your credit profile with O2.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm not following you here, you need a bank account which provides a debit card for the regular payments.

If you filled in the details incorrectly you will have been refused.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I think what she is referring to is being refused instore for a contract because of credit rating. Sometimes if the customers rating is too low it will ask for more information such as a second bank card - this does not guarentee an accept, but if you cannot provide it it will be a decline.

Sadly I think this may boil down to the fact your credit rating is too low for the contract, if this is the case you may be eligible for a sim-only deal. The sim-only deal is a 12 month contract which you can upgrade to get a phone after 6 months and (providing you dont miss any payments) helps build your credit profile with O2.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That makes sense, it would help if the OP had made that clear.

Pass the crystal ball back when you are finished with it Rycal! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4