Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim not working

Mike8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I've upgraded my phone from a Sansung to a Hauwei and ordered a new SIM. The new SIM hasn't activated after 5 days. Any idea how to activate the new SIM?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Mike8
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my contract is monthly not pay as you go

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Mike8 

Any reason why you're not using your old SIM?

Swaps, transfers and activations are taking much longer currently due to the backlog and short staff Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Mike8
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I clicked on a link , which I noted too late looked suspicious, and therefore prefer not to use my old SIM in case it has been compromised

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Mike8 

Sim cards cannot be compromised, only accounts.

If your account is compromised, it will transfer the vulnerability to a new sim anyway.

Just use old sim and change any passwords you feel may be effected by the link your followed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Mike8, you can put forward a new activation request if your old SIM is still working by texting SWAP to 20220 and providing the 13 digit serial number on the new SIM pack. Activation can normally take up to 24 hours, and you will have use of the old SIM until then, but as mentioned, some people are experiencing delays on this which may increase the wait. Hope this helps. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 8 of 8