Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay monthly contract in my name but brother uses it

Bianca94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, does anyone know if I’d be able to cancel the contract or airtime and just pay off the device plan as my brother hasn’t paid his bill this month (silly me I know helping him out) coz if he doesn’t pay in 14 days it’ll go into default and I no longer trust him to make payments on time each other and it’s effecting my credit score as there is no other way around it. Any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Bianca94

As the contract is in your name. you will be able to cancel. It will cost you the remainder of the contract though

Here's how to do it

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bianca94 help on refresh contracts here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093 

If you pay off the device plan you can give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime without any additional charges.

You will have to pay the final bill though and clear any arears.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Bianca94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would it be able to be done in instalments?
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually no, but you should maybe call the payment management team to see what they can offer you 0800 902 0217. The opening times are Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm, Saturday – 8am to 6pm and Sunday – 9am to 6pm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bianca94

I doubt it can be paid in instalments. You are after all, cancelling a contract which is your choice.

Better to get it paid off though as your brothers lackadaisical attitude WILL reflect on YOUR credit score.

A lesson learnt the hard way sadly...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6