cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay as you go handset order cancelled

Anonymous
Not applicable

already an pay as you go customer but wanted to update my handset so ordered a nokia lumia 520 last night.funds were avaliable in my account.transaction went through fine.recieved an email today to say that the order had been cancelled with the following reasons.

due to exceeding my mobile phone allocations or they had been unable to validate my card.

up until today i have never ordered a handset from 02 direct and there wasnt a problem with my card as the payment was taken from my account.

rang customer services who couldnt rectify the problem or give me a detailed explanation as to why the order was cancelled. i was just told that it would take 3-5 days for the payment to go back into my bank account, but she was happy to put me through to the sales team to try the order with them.which was pointless as i had not enough funds left to reorder another phone for 79.99.

after talking through the situation i decided i wasnt happy with that explanation so rang customer services back and dealt with a different advisor. he agreed that the whole situation didnt make sense. and filled out a form to find out what activity 02 had logged on my debit card ... top ups etc which i thought was odd and was told i would be contacted in 24 hours at which point the transcation would be allowed to be processed.

whilst iam waiting for the call back from 02 i thought i would pick a live chat operatives brains about the situation with handset allocations etc.

instead of answering my question she required my passwords and security questions before telling me the reason why my order was cancelled was because the phone is out of stock, which on the 2 previous conversations with customer service failed to mention plus the item still in stock on the website.

after prompting her to answer my original question regarding hand set allocation she told me it was 2 per person per household.so the original reason why my order was cancelled would be void due to having no other handsets bought direct via 02 as my old hand set was bought through ebay.

confused doesnt even cover it right now...eagerly waiting an answer that finally makes sense.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

We do hear of phones at first showing in stock and then going out of stock.

My personnel pref is to buy from the high street shop so I walk away with the phone.

Live chat are non uk outsourced call centres who sometimes get things muddled or lose things in translation.

I would let the refund hit your account and go to the shop is practicable.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your reply.

i could understand if that had been the reason given from the off but that wasnt the case.

if i could have gone to a store to buy one i would have done but there isnt a store near me and i dont drive so online was my only option at the moment.

just have to wait for an answer from 02.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147251 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Seems very strange and senseless.... Hopefully you'll get an explanation but somehow, I doubt it 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this will pan out as a refund to your bank account and start again.

😞
Message 5 of 5