Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 upgrade direct?

ITFCJosh
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has o2 Ended it's deals with mobilephonesdirect and buymobiles/affordablemobiles??? 

You can only get new contracts can't upgrade (Mobilephonesdirect) and there hardly any upgrade deals with buymobiles/Affordable mobiles (Same comnpany I thnk) but loads of new deals

Dose o2 want you to buy direct from now on? 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ITFCJosh
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

all fixed was my browser lol my bad

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@ITFCJosh 

The tie up with Carphone warehouse and it's subsidiaries has ended. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

ITFCJosh
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 I know that but in the last day or 2 there is no Upgarde deals with mobilephonesdirect only new contracts why is that??

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Maybe gone the same way.
O2 were discussing options with other retailers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

I have not read anything yet to that effect, @ITFCJosh, and the MPD website still offers upgrades on O2 today...

(Sorry for the long screenshot, yellow boxes show what I refer to) :

Screenshot_20200516-155330.jpg

Message 5 of 10

ITFCJosh
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You can only buy new contracts can't upgrade anymore which is a shame as they had some good deals for iphones 11 pro

Message 6 of 10

pgn
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Hi @ITFCJosh,!

Sorry to hear you can't get the phone you want on upgrade on O2 with MPD.

I took a look, their website is still showing the low-end 11 Pro available as an upgrade on O2, but I have not called them to confirm:

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/o2-upgrade-mobile-phones/apple-iphone-11-pro-64gb-space-grey/up...

20**Personal info** 17_37_51-iPhone 11 Pro_ Contract & SIM Free _ Mobile Phones Direct.png

It is always possible to purchase the best deal you can get, with a new number, and then get O2 to transfer your number from old to new by telling O2 you want to end the current contract (assuming your device plan is fully paid-up, this will be possible, but the process is a bit slow at the moment because of the current situation with Covid-19).  Note your bill on the month you change may be a little higher than normal as one contract closes and the other begins.

There's a lot of info, tips and Guides here on the Community Forum to help if that's how you want to go.

Another thing to note, @ITFCJosh - you won't get the luxury of spreading the cost of your purchase over 3years with MPD - their contracts are all 24months.  The 36-month offerings on O2 can only be purchased when you work directly with O2, and on O2 Refresh tariffs only, as far as I know.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 10

ITFCJosh
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

all fixed was my browser lol my bad

Message 8 of 10

pgn
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

D'oh!  Glad you got it fixed, and hopefully have got the phone and upgrade you wanted, @ITFCJosh 👍

Message 9 of 10

ITFCJosh
  • 75 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So if anyone wanna use MPD for upgrade only use Safari or Microsoft edge As chrome is bugged & won’t show deals,

Not upgraded yet as can only do it via o2 gotta wait till sept 15th for else where
Message 10 of 10