Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 simplicity while roaming

I am planning to go to portugal soon.

If I setup unconditional diverts from my O2 number to another UK mobile number before I leave the UK and keep the O2 phone active for receiving/ sending text messages, and if someone calls me on my O2-UK number they would be diverted to my other number. Would I be charged anything extra by O2 if calls from O2 to the other number are coming out of my inclusive minutes?
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

You can not use any inclusive mins to divert your phone to another mobile / landline.

You will have to pay for the divert part of your call.

However As you are abroad there is also another point to remember.

When you set your divert up, this works through the networks and again from abroad.

Some networks will charge you to recive the call and then to redivert it to another number. So you will be charged twice. This is because you are not in the uk so you phone is first sent over seas and then back again.

The only divert you can do for free, is direct to your voice mail.

I hope this helps.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi darrengf,

would you please clarify your second point?
The OP was asking about setting up an unconditional divert (i.e. divert all calls). Wouldn't that mean that all the calls would go straight to the forwarded number, without ever trying to reach the customer's phone in the first place? If so, then calls would not have to be sent abroad and be redirected from the network abroad again to a UK number, according to my understanding... but I might be wrong. I thought this only happens on conditional diverts (e.g. divert when busy or not available or not answering), where the network first tries to reach the customer's phone, and if any of the divert conditions comes true, the call is then directed to the forwarding number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The OP was asking about setting up an unconditional divert (i.e. divert all calls). Wouldn't that mean that all the calls would go straight to the forwarded number, without ever trying to reach the customer's phone in the first place?

Jumping in here...

How the divert works doesn't really matter, o2 charge for the diverted part of the call (all of it in reality). This is at the standard rate for that particular tariff and the number diverted to. If, for example, you could divert your number to an 0800 number then you would be charged 20p per minute for the call coming in (because it's really going out, from your number) and 0800 numbers are 20ppm on standard contracts.

This is on the o2 site under Business, but I believe the same principle applies for personal tariffs:

"Call divert
If you can't answer your mobile, you can divert your calls to another number of your choice. It won't cost you a thing to set up a divert, but you will be charged for the diverted calls according to your usual tariff. For example, if you divert to another O2 phone you'll be charged at your O2 to O2 rate, and so on."

SV
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Hi darrengf,
would you please clarify your second point?
The OP was asking about setting up an unconditional divert (i.e. divert all calls). Wouldn't that mean that all the calls would go straight to the forwarded number, without ever trying to reach the customer's phone in the first place? If so, then calls would not have to be sent abroad and be redirected from the network abroad again to a UK number, according to my understanding... but I might be wrong. I thought this only happens on conditional diverts (e.g. divert when busy or not available or not answering), where the network first tries to reach the customer's phone, and if any of the divert conditions comes true, the call is then directed to the forwarding number.

You are correct, But I have heard where they were also charged for the call to be returned as well.

Im not saying that it will happen on o2 or happen now, but i always just make people aware just in case.

Only voice divert is free and seems to work fine.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Are we saying that O2 charge for diverting a call to a UK landline/ UK mobile even if I have inclusive minutes available? Would the diverted calls come out of my inclusive minutes or would be charged no matter what?

From the way I look at it, these are normal mobile to mobile or landline calls and should come out of inclusive minutes if available
Highlighted
Anonymous

From the way I look at it, these are normal mobile to mobile or landline calls and should come out of inclusive minutes if available

That's the way I read it too.

If you divert to a UK mobile or geographical landline (ie not 0870, 0800 etc) then the divert should come out of your inclusive minutes.

It still means you're using up your minutes for incoming calls though Smiley Happy

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

That's the way I read it too.
If you divert to a UK mobile or geographical landline (ie not 0870, 0800 etc) then the divert should come out of your inclusive minutes.
It still means you're using up your minutes for incoming calls though Smiley Happy
SV

Yes, that is true as I was told. As far as I am concerned, people who divert their numbers will have their inclusive minutes reduced. This is nothing compared to 3 UK. They will actually charge you as it is not part of your inclusive minutes!!!