cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 contract finish help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but i want to completely cancel my contract and move to different provider when it ends. I've heard that i need to ring them and cancel it within 30 days? It says my contract renewal date is the 29th of april so i'm guessing i should do this at the end of march?

Cheers

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As I've said already, there is no requirement to "Cancel". The contract will end when the PAC is used on the new network.

The guide he linked does cover keeping your number as well as simply cancelling and explains why there is no need to send a recorded letter if you intend to use a PAC

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Yes you need to give 30 days notice.

If your moving to another network and want to keep your number ask for a PAC code.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Once you use your PAC your contract is cancelled automatically so no need to give notice in this instance. You should request your PAC early April and use it on your new network around 25th April. This will maximise your O2 usage that you will have paid for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As I've said already, there is no requirement to "Cancel". The contract will end when the PAC is used on the new network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
And as I've said its a useful Guide.

Op says they are moving networks.

They have not stated they intend to move numbers.

I assumed so in my first reply.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i want to keep my o2 number for the new provider. So basicly i ring them before april comes, say i want to cancel and ask for the PAC code?

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.

As said giving your PAC code to your new network cancels your O2 contract.

You'll then get your final bill.

Do not cancel any direct debits until then.
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes i want to keep my o2 number for the new provider. So basicly i ring them before april comes, say i want to cancel and ask for the PAC code?

No, you need to get the PAC early April as It's only valid for 30 days.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The guide he linked does cover keeping your number as well as simply cancelling and explains why there is no need to send a recorded letter if you intend to use a PAC

Message 10 of 10