Not applicable
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Correct, but Voda did withdraw their bid, and O2 has signed back haul agreements with BT for the 2600MHz spectrum they bought via one of their subsidiaries.

Anyway EE already have a bad rep for showing excellent signal and being able to connect to diddly-squat. So much so they have had their knuckles wrapped for it. And as far as market share goes, they're only approx 7% and 10% ahead of O2 and Voda respectively.

In other words EE are very beatable. They had a massive lead over O2 and Voda for 4G and have made very little of it in my opinion, and given O2/Voda have the vast majority of 800MHz, EE's limited success will be short-lived.

FYI, I work in the industry on the B2B side and have EE for my personal contract.

ewan
Message 31 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
£5 per month deals which include a phone effectively means they (EE) ate running either at break even or a loss.

It is good to publicise customer numbers for marketing purposes. I suspect Voda pulled out as no point in being busy fools filling your networks with traffic and making no money on it versus having higher paying customers whom you name a profit on.
Message 32 of 34

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Voda pulled out as they were in the process of buying Cable & Wireless (which they now have) meaning they would have been providing BT, a direct competitor, with their own services.
Message 33 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144895 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Some good informative posts there ewanrw, thanks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 34