cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call from "+0"

Anonymous
Not applicable

So today I got one of those recorded spam calls - think it was PPI, but didn't really listen.  Normally they're either number withheld/unavailable or else a regular number comes up in the Caller ID (which is helpful so I add to my contacts as "SPAM"), but this one was simply "+0".  Which is weird.  Never seen that before. Anyone else?

I suppose it bothers me because it made it look like it could be some sort of special and important number.  I don't even know how easy it is for these spammers to spoof the Caller ID.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I've had a few same calls in as many weeks !

The ones I get usually come up as 'withheld'

Annoying I agree.

Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They are all dialed from a computer so they can put any number in the CLID they want.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

very easy to spoof a cli http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If these are UK companies action can be taken against them, but many are from overseas and not much can be done.

Asking them who they are is what I do because the name they give you is often rubbish.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the call from +0 this morning. I reject straight away! As with any numbers that call me from strange ones like the +0 through to 0843 etc. I don't know anyone with these numbers so why should I answer and get a load of rubbish off them.

With held ones are a pain though 😞

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree and do the same.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I get loads of these calls both on the mobile and on the home landline. They just get ignored and go to answerphone at home and get blocked on the mobile. Unfortunately there is very little you can do about this other than change numbers but it's only a matter of time before the autodiallers find your new number.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
A sound option which I always take too.

slight_smile
Message 9 of 12

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I keep getting Unknown Caller displayed when I get nuisance calls -no number at all and it's an automated message about PPI. I've got Call Preference for landline and mobile so these must be from abroad I gather?

I'm finding it infuriating as it can't be blocked at all. You chose not to have unsolicited numbers ringing you but they still do.

I've called O2 but they can't do anything. I asked if my incoming calls were logged but no as against data protection. I thought that if they were logged the number could be blocked by o2 but not going to happen.

I wish someone could find a way aroound it other than change your mob number.

Message 10 of 12