Did you mean: 

o2 are really pushing 4G now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that but why can't an individual as a new customer get the same deal I don't call that fair
Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know the best we can get is a sim only 

Message 12 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I'm saying they use the fair deal excuse when it suits them that's apparently why they stopped giving out loyalty discounts so everyone paid the same
Message 13 of 34

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Public Sector has a different set of rules.

Typically accounts run from a few hundred connections to thousands of connections and only charities, NHS, local councils, government bodies etc are allowed access to those rates, and altho' the account sizes are large, the total number of connections on those rates are probably only a few hundred thousand, as opposed to millions of contract customers - in other words, the networks make no money, but are obliged to offer.

ewan
Message 14 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewanrw wrote:
Public Sector has a different set of rules.

Typically accounts run from a few hundred connections to thousands of connections and only charities, NHS, local councils, government bodies etc are allowed access to those rates, and altho' the account sizes are large, the total number of connections on those rates are probably only a few hundred thousand, as opposed to millions of contract customers - in other words, the networks make no money, but are obliged to offer.

ewan

Exactly. You would not believe how much we pay to EE at the moment for a contract with unlimited text, unlimited calls and 1Gb of data! All I'll say is that its alot less than £10 a month!

When you have an organisation with upwards of 1000 staff who use mobiles you will always get a better deal than you will as a punter walking in off the street.Bear in mind that these will all be business customers, where the contracts are organised by the organisation, not each individual member of staff...don't confuse it with O2 Open where a number of customers already get a better deal than Joe Public!

This new offer seems strange to me as I don't know of any public sector organisations in Scotland who allow Android phones never mind Windows phones! Its also a strange choice of phones...I mean, the two year old Galaxy S3?

Message 15 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144852 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
I wonder if it is even the 4G version of the S3 ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 34

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

I have a number of large charities in Scotland as customers and most use Android but shifting to Windows Phone.

Provided they use an MDM solution, there are very few security issues, and remember that WP is second only to BlackBerry in security and is now used by several Police forces as well as being authorised for Government use.

I know a few organisations on EE paying £5.00 for all you can eat. Spend a lot of time complaining about the signal, but money talks.

ewan 

Message 17 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE are just after market share, granted they are one of teh best networks in the UK and they actually have the infrastructure now to run 5G so how long before they roll that out?? but with any business it comes down to market share and the money they will make out of £5 per month line rental deals will be very profitable... 

Message 18 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
This takes the mick
Message 19 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144852 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
5G won't exist until at least 2022 and no standard has been agreed/decided upon yet.
EE have said they are looking into the infrastructure (as all the networks will be) but I wouldn't get too excited about it just yet.....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/10836838/EE-plans-5G-network-by-2022.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 34