cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new tarrifs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive heard about the new tarriffs being introuduced at the end of May and im worried how this might affect me. Currenty im on pay and go go go and I get 150 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of data for £10 a month. However the new tarriffs say that you'll only get 100mins and 1000 texts for £10 a month. Obviously this is worse for me, not better. Just wondered if I can stay with the tariff im on or whether its going to change to a new one automatically? If so then im not happy!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's not compulsory to change tariff. You can choose to stay on the tariff you are currently on but those existing tariffs will not be available to new O2 customers.

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can stay on the tariff you have now of course. You don't have to change tariff if you don't want to.

It's just that for new customers they won't be able to access the tariff you are on in future
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay that's good thankyou. I love the tarriff im now... don't want to be taking a step backwards
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Aimee95

That's the beauty of choice wink

Just stick to what your on.

Happy days.
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new tarrifs[ Edited ]
The new tariff is nothing short of robbery, currently with the talkalot tariff a 1 hour call costs £1.89 but after it will cost a whopping £15.
I honestly don't know how they can justify such a massive increase, I understand that prices do and must increase but I'm genuinely shocked at it and think it's going to be the final push into me leaving O2 after 13 years.

I'm the same been on holiday for a month came home on June 11th rang my brother's landline from my mobile
and was amazed that a 50 minute call cost me over £13, instead of the usual price would have been £3.10p
I was not informed of any changes in my Talkalot Tariff via email or text and i have been with 02 since the days
it was BT Cellnet and i to have been on Talkalot over 14  years to.
I think to it's the final push for me to have not bothered to top up yesterday.
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rainsberger

O2 don't move peoples tariffs.

This only happens if a Pay Monthly customer upgrades ,or a Payg Customer changes Tariff via their My02.

If you think your Tariff has been changed without your knowledge then ring Customer Service.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Don't make contact via the online Live Chat for this.

Message 16 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Wasn't there an announcement that the Talkalot tariff was ending with the intro of the new big bundles?
If so, surely O2 would at least text everyone on that tariff to let them know?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 29

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I didn't see an actual announcement but there was notification on the website. At one time O2 didn't amend tariffs at all, if you remained on a tariff the terms stayed the same until you yourself changed tariff.

Indeed many 'legacy' tariffs remain unchanged. I have been on unlimited data for the last 4-5 years andit was always assumed that O2 would not force you off tariffs that were no longer available to new customers.

It seems there has been a shift in policy but such a massive change in the terms of a tariff used by thousands of people should have been notified to each customer on that tariff either by text or email.

Message 18 of 29

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Taken from the terms and conditions :

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/tariffs-and-bolt-ons/pay-and-go-talkalot-terms-and-co...

O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the New Pay & Go Talkalot Tariff, O2 Unlimited, Text Anytime, Talkalotmore, Your Country or Favourite Place free monthly allowances. If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's certainly a disadvantage to me my calls are now 25p flat rate.

A big difference from 25p first 3 minutes then 5p for rest of the day.

It would have been nice to have received notice from O2 regarding these

new charges, maybe O2 should look again at there own Terms and Conditions.

Message 20 of 29