cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does O2 charge me to send an O2 SMS while I am abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested in using the O2 priority ticket booking to book concert tickets through O2. To do that, they send you an SMS after you confirm your phone number with them. 

I am currently abroad in Canada. Will receiving that SMS cost me if it is from O2? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's always free to receive a normal SMS text no matter where you are....
As long as it's not a premium rate text it won't cost you but you should check the T&C's of the company sending the confirmation.
Again, if it's O2 sending it will be free......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the Community Forum.

O2 do not charge a person to receive a text from a uk location to a uk phone whilst abroad.

I doubt O2 themselves would to send you your text for the concert.

Also a point to note ; To help stop being charged for sending a text while abroad people on a Pay Monthly Contract can use Tugo whilst connected to wifi ,which then uses their monthly allowance.

Enjoy the concert. slight_smile

Edit to add link ;

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/internationalhub
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's always free to receive a normal SMS text no matter where you are....
As long as it's not a premium rate text it won't cost you but you should check the T&C's of the company sending the confirmation.
Again, if it's O2 sending it will be free......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3