cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new tarrifs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive heard about the new tarriffs being introuduced at the end of May and im worried how this might affect me. Currenty im on pay and go go go and I get 150 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of data for £10 a month. However the new tarriffs say that you'll only get 100mins and 1000 texts for £10 a month. Obviously this is worse for me, not better. Just wondered if I can stay with the tariff im on or whether its going to change to a new one automatically? If so then im not happy!
Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can stay on the tariff you have now of course. You don't have to change tariff if you don't want to.

It's just that for new customers they won't be able to access the tariff you are on in future

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

No you'll be able to stay on what you are right now as I understand it. Just don't move to one of the new options.

"You'll be able to move to a Big Bundle from 29 May by going in store, calling 2202 or logging into My O2."

Link http://www.o2.co.uk/pricechange

"Questions or comments?

Call us on 4445 and one of our advisors can talk to you about what the changes mean in more detail. Calls are charged at 25p per call."
Message 2 of 29

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
but those on talkalot will lose the decreasing price per min and all will see a mms rise.
lets see what o2 release on the 29th regarding the full effects.

strange o2 do not mention calls to c/s on 4445 for pay as you go go is free is this another change ( all speculation)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new tariff is nothing short of robbery, currently with the talkalot tariff a 1 hour call costs £1.89 but after it will cost a whopping £15.
I honestly don't know how they can justify such a massive increase, I understand that prices do and must increase but I'm genuinely shocked at it and think it's going to be the final push into me leaving O2 after 13 years.
Message 4 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There are other tariffs available that you can move to that will give you cheaper or even free calls.
It isn't a take it or leave it choice....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whichever tariff I would choose I'm worse off, it would mean having to cancel my bolt ons to sign up to one of the new bundles which are more expensive or much less data for the same price.

I've looked into it and the £10 giffgaff goody bag is now a better option
500 minutes
Unlimited texts
1gb data
Message 6 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I usually have the £12 goodybag to get unlimited data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah just seen it, going to request my PAC code on Monday.
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I hope your choice of Network suites your needs.

Take into account GiffGaff have a Community Forum but no Call-centres to ring if assistance is required.

Apart from that they offer very good Goody Bags and Giga Bags.

PAC Self Help : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270
Message 9 of 29

darrenney02
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Like the OP I'm also I on the same o2 tarrif as them and the new tarrif would be worse for me not that I always use over 1000 in a month.

So I don't know how o2 can say the new tarrif is the best ever bundle tarrif.

I hope like been said I will be able to stay on the tarrif I'm on the now.

Darren

Message 10 of 29