cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mast issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

For nearly 2 weeks we have had mast issues in my area, call quality is not great.  Does is usually take this l8ng once they are aware?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Timescales are not made public by O2 as every repair can be different and can have differing challenges.
Sometimes, one repair can lead to another etc.
As long as the fault is showing on the status pages it means they are aware and working on it and that's is as much as we ever know, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum,

Check your masts here via your full postcode if you have not already http://status.o2.co.uk/

To help here are some generic resolutions http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

If the masts are showing as having issues then I'm afraid O2 don't give repair timescales.

In the interim if your a Pay Monthky a customer look at a Tugo although this has had it's glitches too.

Tugo link http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

This works off Wifi if you have home broadband angpd Hotspots.

Other alternatives are What's app and Viber although the recipient needs these downloaded too.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Timescales are not made public by O2 as every repair can be different and can have differing challenges.
Sometimes, one repair can lead to another etc.
As long as the fault is showing on the status pages it means they are aware and working on it and that's is as much as we ever know, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having similar mast issues for at least six months, I thought it was my phone, so upgraded!

Not the phone but mast issues.  I bought a dongle and got rid of my landline, unnfortunately the dongle didn't work in spite of the store saying that the mast issues were now resolved - I received a message on my mobile phone from 02 telling me that a dongle wasn't a very good idea in my area, I took this text to the shop and got a refund on the dongle but was still troubled by mast issues.

I now have a new landline (an expense I could do without at 76 and a state pension my only income!)  I'm in the position of having to drive a mile down the road in order to make telephone calls on my 02 mobile and no-one can call me without my end 'breaking up'!  Complained about this and was told they would send me a 'booster' whatever that is, it didn't arrive within two weeks so I contacted them again and was told that it hadn't been ordered.  However, I see online that two sims have been sent to my address (as yet not received) one a 4G ready and a mini sim - not sure what I'm to do with them yet and is that what they call a booster.  I was told by another customer who received one, after complaining, that it was called a tugo!  Looking that up is looks like a good idea as long as it is free!  Watch this space.  Sorry for the rant but all caused through MAST ISSUES OVER AT LEAST SIX MONTHS!!!!!!

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can download Tugo from here and try it to see if it helps you http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Just to say that there have been a few problems with TuGo over the last couple of days so if you have problems installing, persevere.Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not exactly helpful stating "download TuGo" when there is mast issues causing problems with connection to the internet/wifi to download in the first place!

Also, as we are unable to use our phones etc properly, how do we go about getting a refund on our contract that we pay for but are not getting the service for?

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not exactly helpful stating "download TuGo" when there is mast issues causing problems with connection to the internet/wifi to download in the first place!

Also, as we are unable to use our phones etc properly, how do we go about getting a refund on our contract that we pay for but are not getting the service for?

I can understand your frustration but there are WiFi hotspots you can use to download apps if data isn't working.

Once your local mast has been repaired you can ask CS for a goodwill gesture on your account for the time you were effected by the fault. Whilst this is not mandatory they do, often, apply a credit to help with any inconvenience.

Hopefully you will be fixed and working again soon slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I am struggling to find these "wifi spots" where I am and as the mobile data isn't working, I cannot even connect to the wifi in my office as I normally do!

As for CS - they're about as much use as the tech people (which btw is not much!). Because of this problem and o2's apparent lack of will to actually do anything about it any time soon, I have missed very important and urgent emails. Will CS consider this when they offer me a "goodwill gesture"?!
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Unfortunately O2's terms and conditions cover loss of signal, citing that they cannot guarantee coverage at all times. No network can I'm afraid. Of its showing on the status page then they are aware of the fault and will endeavour to restore service asap.

I would be calling customer service and seeking some form of goodwill resulting in my account being credited with an appropriate amount once the mast is back in commission.

O2 aren't obliged to do this but normally will do so.

Suggesting TuGo would assume that you have a wifi connection. Obviously no use if you don't have wifi at work.

Message 10 of 13