cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange O2 Policy

Anonymous
Not applicable

12 months ago I moved my familly away from O2 on to a Talk Talk contract  half the price to good to be true.

After 12 months of poor signal bad connections I would like to move my familly back to o2,so I tried to purchase

4 Pay monthly sims,the system would only let me buy one online which I did.

I then phoned O2 explained the problem and tried to buy 3 more sims over the phone.

I was told that the transaction has been declined I have an excellent credit rating (checked with equifax ) It seems there is some sort of policy of 1 sim per Bank account.

If this is the case it is a shame and a missed business opportunity .

O2 is a far better network in my area than Talktalk wish I had never moved away 😞

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Possibly visiting an O2 store if convenient may satisfy your needs.

Reasons for being declined are many ref a scoring policy and is ultimately up to O2.

A person can have as many contracts as they wish as long as their accepted by the network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Possibly visiting an O2 store if convenient may satisfy your needs.

Reasons for being declined are many ref a scoring policy and is ultimately up to O2.

A person can have as many contracts as they wish as long as their accepted by the network.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The problem will be rapid credit checks in quick succession (1 for each sim card).
I'd suggest you wait a few days in between applying for them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks might give the shop option a go,always suspicious of mobile phone shops always used to be hard sell.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,dont know why they cant do one credit check per customer,I cant be the only person who wants to buy sims for their familly.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true.

Hopefully the O2 shop can sort you out.

Fingers crossed. slight_smile
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The shop will still have to run a credit check....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

This may be an absolutely stupid question...however I have to ask it. All these credit checks to get sims?

Why do they do promotions encouraging folk to 'send for your free sim now'?...

I have had no end of sims for my family members this route...no-one did credit checks then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The free ones are usually payg.
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
They would be PAYG sim cards. The OP wants contract ones.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13