cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

My wife inadvertently switched on roaming while in turkey for one day not realising it will auto update and have been charged £50 + pound. Surely this is unfair ?

Rob Dance

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately it is user choice to use / turn on mobile data in the phones settings ,and not stick to wifi.

You could speak to O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business, and see what if anything they may do for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately it is user choice to use / turn on mobile data in the phones settings ,and not stick to wifi.

You could speak to O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business, and see what if anything they may do for you.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could plead your case to CS and hope for a goodwill gesture, but the hard truth is it was not a fault that cased this so there are no guarantees unfortunately http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately these things happen however i would count yourself lucky that the networks now place a spend cap for roaming else it could of been a lot worse!!

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the community.

Plead case to customer service you might get lucky
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't it supposed to be capped at £40?
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bill may have been made up of abroad costs and then costs for services used in the Uk. Maybe.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes maybe I thought I read that the non eu roaming is capped at £40
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I read in the forum recently that an account holder can increase the limit via text message too.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I believe you can I'm assuming the op didn't do this but you never know
Message 10 of 11