Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS Voicemail Issues

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I cannot get Voicemail to work properly with my new O2 contract and iPhone XS. The iPhone Voicemail button screen shows "No Voicemail" and does not attempt to call any number.

Also, when I call 1750 (voicemail on), I get the following message;

"Thank you for choosing to use O2's voicemail. Please hold the line whilst we switch on your O2 messaging service, you have not been charged for this call..... Your messaging service could not be set up as we have not received your number - please call customer services for assistance".

If I call 1760 (voicemail off), I get;

"Please hold the line whilst we switch off your O2 messaging service, you have not been charged for this call. Your messaging service could not be switched off, please contact customer services for assistance".

I have called CS and also O2 Guru but the issue remains unresolved following various voicemail resets. I am wondering if there is an issue with O2 carrier settings for the iPhone XS, or what else I should do?

thanks.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I'm on that page also @jonsie

Just tried my O2 SIM in an iPhone 7 with iOS12 and that is not working either.

It does seem to be pointing to iOS 12 / O2 carrier settings. EE SIMs are working fine though.

Message 11 of 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @dgilbert2, sorry to hear that you were having issues with your voicemail. Did you make any progress with this since you last posted or are you still stuck?

Cheers guys for jumping in to troubleshoot @Anonymous, @Cleoriff@MI5, @Anonymous, @jonsie ! slight_smile

Message 12 of 16

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Marjo thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I am no further forward. I saw an O2 Guru in store on Saturday who re-checked my account and concluded that it was an Apple problem. Apple have come back and said its a O2 network / carrier settings issue.

So stuck between a rock and a hard place worried

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Well that sounds frustrating indeed @dgilbert2, let's check on our end just in case there's anything we can do to help - I'll drop you a PM here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details!

Message 14 of 16

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

With many thanks to @Marjo my Voicmail problem has now been resolved.

I recieved a call from a very helpful technical expert who removed 4G and WiFi calling from my account. For some reason this upsets things but once removed my Voicemail was fully working.

4G and WiFi calling were then added back again to my account and Voicemail has continued to work.

Thanks again grin

Message 15 of 16

Hawkes77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having this exact same problem. I’ve been on the phone on and off to customer service for about 4hrs now and into store and no one can help. It’s driving me insane.
Message 16 of 16