Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JBL 

Lots of random issues with iOS 13.

Check you have the latest patch 13.1.3 and also connect to iTunes to force any carrier updates that may not have been automatically updated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  So the phone is running iOS 13.1.3 so fully up to date.  how do i force the carrier updates via itunes?

Message 3 of 85

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just connect to iTunes and it will check for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just been onto the app and it lets me into itunes so i can only assume its done the check and intalled any carrier updated when i did the update itself last week. 

Hmmm, not sure now what to do.  Its so annoying.  I doubt its the phone itself, it was perfectly fine before this update.  Its the first update where i have had such issues having had the Iphone 6, 6s, 7, 8, and now the XR. 

Message 5 of 85

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, me too.
Never had any issues until 13. I've mentioned it elsewhere on here that I wish it hadn't updated itself. Can only hope they patch all the bugs quickly..

Currently using:
Message 6 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agree, wish i had waited a bit longer as i do normally but this dark mode feature had me going!

Hopefully there will be a patch released soon to resolve it. 

Message 7 of 85

RH22
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had this problem and I've spoken to Apple about it too. They didn't mention anything to me about it possibly being due to the update, but told me to try a variety of things to sort it out. Needless to say they didn't work and it still drops signal whenever it feels like. They want me to ring back for them to do more, but I'm going to wait to see if this gets fixed by an update. Although it is annoying as the only way to reconnect is to turn the phone off an on.

Message 8 of 85

KZK
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have XR and phone's dropping signal every now and then.This started after upgrading to IOS 13 and I'm currently on IOS 13.1.3.Reboot will get the phone going for few hours and it's back to no signal again.So many days without a fix or patch for this issue,not really sure what to do.

Message 9 of 85

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing can be done. It needs Apple to push a software fix.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 85