cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 order

Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid £49,99 to O2 on 26th September, it's now 21st October and I haven't seen my new iPhone. Can ANYONE tell me when I can expect it, and how O2 can justify taking money up front with the only communication being two text messages informing me of the obvious - ie it hasn't arrived yet?

What's going on???

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Huge thread running here mate http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/m-p/795703#U795703
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Huge thread running here mate http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/m-p/795703#U795703
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here so can't officially say.

Demand has outstripped supply.

If not having the Refresh Tariff is a deal breaker then CPW and the Apple Store do have them instock.

As I've said on other threads my colleague spoke to CPW one day and it was delivered the next on O2. Cost her £30 handset cost as they negotiated with her.

To reserve one from apple use this link just after midnight.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately others have been waiting longer which you will see in the thread linked above. There's far too much of taking large payments and being unable to fulfil orders.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Its the same story everytime Apple release a new iPhone. They always have an extremely limited supply and cant keep up with demand.....i'm surprised people haven't learnt this from the last 7 or so Apple releases.

It will be the same for the 6S, 7, 7S etc releases too....thats what happens when you choose Apple.

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Its the same story everytime Apple release a new iPhone. They always have an extremely limited supply and cant keep up with demand.....i'm surprised people haven't learnt this from the last 7 or so Apple releases.

It will be the same for the 6S, 7, 7S etc releases too....thats what happens when you choose Apple.

Combine that with the woeful O2 ordering and supply system and you have shambolic written all over it!

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree whole heartedly but this also seems to be a current trend too with other handsets.

The Note 4 is unfortunately following this same trend at the moment 😒
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree whole heartedly but this also seems to be a current trend too with other handsets.

The Note 4 is unfortunately following this same trend at the moment 😒

The Note 4 was only delayed by a week wasn't it?

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The Note 4 was only delayed by a week wasn't it?

We are seeing the same comments about promised delivery, then no stock with the Note 4 as there are on the iPhone thread...... 😞

Seems to be a "feature" these days Crazy

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions