cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopping marketing texts from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the things i REALLY hate is marleting texts so I asked O2 a long time ago to remove me from their marketing lists.

For several years i got no marketing texts until recently. I contacted 2220 and asked yet again to be removed from their spam lists. now, according to the ICO if i have never opted in to recive these texts and in fact have activley opted out O2 has an obligation to not send them to me.

So why are O2 still sending them to me? this seems to be in breach of The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.

so do I give O2 yet another chance to put this right or do I report them to the ICO for breaching the regulations.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

First off I would check your preference options in My O2. If you are not subscribed to anything then give them a call and ask for an explanation. You haven't recently joined Priority Moments or other O2 promotions?

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
all set to receive nothing and have not joined priority moments or anything else.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nonsense, even with these turned off, you will still receive crappy text from O2 and their spammy offers.

Bloody stupid service. I do not recommand!

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

After speaking with them, they said they will disable it. And a week later they said it will take 28 days. 28 days of spammy wonderful offers?! 

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it really that much hassle to check your phone, see that its an email or SMS from O2 and then just put your phone back down again?

I don't really understand why its a major problem?

Message 6 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it really that much hassle to check your phone, see that its an email or SMS from O2 and then just put your phone back down again?

I don't really understand why its a major problem?

I have to agree, I get all the texts that O2 send me out and they're very few really.

Very easy to deal with.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With so much wrong in the world is it just me that doesn't understand getting upset over something so trivial?

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a poxy O2 marketing text sent to me twice alread today.

No I dont want to win an I pad mini & no im not interested in O2 Refresh.

You would think they would get the hint after I wasnt interested the previous times they sent it to me.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

SPAMTEXTS.JPG

Do you get this worked up about junk mail that you get through your mailbox? Or spam emails that you get to your email account? Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 19