cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 launch day @ o2 store

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

A live agent just told me that I may be able to walk away with an iPhone 6 if I queue up on the launch day??

I thought only Apple offered "limited" iPhones on the launch days on sim free.

So if I do queue up say from 6am at my local o2, can I really get an iPhone 6 on contract?

Anyone ever tried this?

Let me know please I'm so confused yet desperate!!!

I can queue up at Apple and but the sim only at o2 but I want to go for that 20GB data deal!!!

Thanks!
Ramon
Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Back to the OP's question. If it's any help, I queued outside a O2 store for the iphone 4 launch, I arrived at 6am and was about the last person to get one.

So if you are going to take your chances at an O2 store on launch day, then I would say 6am may be a bit late. However, I did hear for the 5s launch, the stores only had the ones that were pre ordered.
Good luck!
Message 51 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Back to the OP's question. If it's any help, I queued outside a O2 store for the iphone 4 launch, I arrived at 6am and was about the last person to get one.

So if you are going to take your chances at an O2 store on launch day, then I would say 6am may be a bit late. However, I did hear for the 5s launch, the stores only had the ones that were pre ordered.
Good luck!

And of course...all of the above depends on where you live and what stock levels that store will be given...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
And of course, no one knows what the stock levels will be like.
Message 53 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do ~ Limited.

Seriously tho I hope as many people as possible get their iPhones.
Message 54 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I do ~ Limited.

Seriously tho I hope as many people as possible get their iPhones.

Ever the optimist BoB.....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest, limited may well be optimistic! Somewhere between limited and nowt might be nearer!
Message 56 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
To be honest, limited may well be optimistic! Somewhere between limited and nowt might be nearer!

Sounds closest estimation yet, to me wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 57 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Evening Cleoriff

I try my best and like to think positive thoughts about everything.
Message 58 of 70

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Evening Cleoriff

I try my best and like to think positive thoughts about everything.

I'm guessing you are disappointed much more often than us mere mortals...:smileywink:

Message 59 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm at O2 in central London and first in the queue because no one else is here so something inside me saying they won't sell iphone 6's I'll reject that nonsense you can't tell me a company like O2 not offering new iPhone in central London store on a lunch day if they ever tell me that I'll be causing a riot I could've lined up at Apple store now I lost my queue slot there too O2 better have it I won't refrain myself
Message 60 of 70