Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get a 5G sim for my 5G phone?

scotty1302
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently got a 5G compatible phone but I would also like a 5G sim but would like to keep my current contract and number.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@scotty1302 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/5G-setup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

scotty1302
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried using the website and calling 202 but can't seem to get this sorted at all. there's nothing on the website that helps me order a 5G sim with the option to keep my current contract and number. The only option I've found is to get a whole new 5G sim only contract witch I don't want to do.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@scotty1302 

You have to get a new 5g contract I'm afraid.

You can't just get a 5g sim without a 5g contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

scotty1302
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
my partner got a 5G phone and get her number transferred to a 5g sim yes the tariff was different but that's because she didn't need the amount of data she was getting so she got a tariff that had less data where as I need the data I currently get. so if she was able to do it why can't I thats what I don't understand
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@scotty1302 

Sorry, I'm not following you.

A change to 5g entails a new contract with 5g allowances. You can keep your number, that's not a problem, but the contract will be new.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6