Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horrendous experience cancelling pre order

mancuk29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i decided i was going to order the new sony experia 1 ii from o2 as the refresh rate if i paid £760 plus 3 x £13 was an amazing price

i pre ordered in june and then decided this week after some research what a o2 handset would be like on none o2 network (no volte or wifi calling) i then cancelled. alas the order was dispatched shortly after cancellation

o2 customer services advised me to refuse delivery which i did to dhl and i expected the item to be then returned, the next day i then got another notification of delivery again i refused 

This morning my phone is still sat at the depot for DHL -- they advised that they cant return the item for 10 days until o2 ask for it back which is ludicrous 

spoke to customer services who said they would escalate the return request for me and when it finally returns back it would be refunded

i have never experienced anything like it dhl are frightening as the second delivery the driver was scanning as received before he had even knocked on my door ..... i physically went out to the van to stop him and he said he had already shown it as delivered i had a bit of a row with him and finally he showed it as refused .. once returned a second time as refused why on earth do dhl not return without a customer jumping through hoops

i am not convinced this wont be sorted before the 10 days .. the member of staff was lovely at o2 and she said she would escalate to a manager to send the appropriate email 

i am sat now with £760 on my credit card waiting for this mess to be sorted .. i did expect that as soon as i cancelled it was actually cancelled and not sent out to me .. 

my other half is with o2 and says they are amazing .. i am not sure .. 

how can i get the refund quicker ? will i get a refund ? has anyone had experiences like this 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @mancuk29 , hope you're having a good day so far. Just a quick heads up that this should now be sorted and I've dropped you a quick PM as well to let you know. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It MIGHT have been quicker to accept it and then return it under change of mind.
Keep pestering o2 customer services to get them to action the refusal and return.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've never really felt comfortable with the refusing at door business. Particularly during this current pandemic. Who knows where the phone will turn up...or where it is now?

As @gmarkj  said keep pestering O2 @mancuk29 

All contact numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through on is 0800 587 4005

Best of luck!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

mancuk29
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did think that i should do that but o2 assured me it would be returned to them .. so i did follow their instructions and now have a nightmare 

i have emailed the CEO of o2 to try and resolve as i am that unhappy ill never ever order anything off o2 again ..... 

am hoping that o2 have some form of executive office who normally deal when you email the ceo ... 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@mancuk29 

Maybe our managers can help?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @mancuk29 , sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your order cancellation. I can see if I can get someone on our end to take a closer look at this one for you. I will need some additional information so will drop you a private message shortly.

Thanks for tagging us @Cleoriff!

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @mancuk29 , hope you're having a good day so far. Just a quick heads up that this should now be sorted and I've dropped you a quick PM as well to let you know. slight_smile

Message 7 of 7