cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ive had a family bolt on for a few years now and all five people on it have been able to chat text and picture message for free for the cost of me paying £7.65 a mth. however due to a mess up with my sim I had to have the bolt on put on again and now am been charged to send pic messages to anyone in the group. O2 are tring to tell me that you only get free chat and texts on the bolt on. When Iev googled whats included in the bolt on it clearly states that it is free calls texts and pic messagese to anyone in the group. Anyone else know anything about this??? Help

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Call and speak to a human. Chat is useless....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The website clearly states picture messages are included. I would contact customer service to complain.

https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/family

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats the link i sent to the last customer adviser i spoke to on chat a hour ago and he basicly said it was a fake webiste..... NOT!!

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Call and speak to a human. Chat is useless....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do that now

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Something's not right when they don't recognise their own web site! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mms is defiantly included as I have it myself yet another problem with the family bolt o2 I would make a complaint as the person you spoke to obviously doesn't know what services o2 offer

Message 8 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on in the call chrisina1869!

Thanks, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone thanks for all your comments. Spoke to a real person today who has refunded some of my money and also after asking his line manager has confirmed that the pic messaging is included although could take up to 48hrs to work properly. Even tho the adviser I spoke to was aware of the bolt on and what it included he could not find the info on the site they use when we call. He couldn't understand this as its clearly part of the family bolt on. Hopefully it will be working again within the next 48hrs or looks like I have to ring up again and go thru the painstaking task of having to explain my story all over again.
Message 10 of 10