cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, ive been trying to end my contract for months now and its been a absolute nightmare, my contract ends on september 9th, and i want to make sure its cancelled completely and doesnt renew. I cant phone o2 because everytime i do it says "you must pay the remaining balance" which is £0 so thats an obvious bug. and live chats been more than useless, just end my contract!!!!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

What number are you calling? Call 202 from your mobile. It's a free call if you're a Pay Monthly customer. 

Take a look at this guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

What number are you calling? Call 202 from your mobile. It's a free call if you're a Pay Monthly customer. 

Take a look at this guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This is a customer forum and your post won't be picked up by anyone at O2.

You need to call customer service, if not from your phone then use a landline or borrow a phone from a friend.

Contact us

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/cancelling-your-o2-contract#qs

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont have the mobile anymore my ex girlfriend does, yes its a pain in the ass, but i try and ring up from my mobile and i put in my details and it doesnt work!
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@AnonymousYour reply is a little confusing. What do you mean about ringing up and putting in your details? Is this a Pay Monthly or a Pay & Go phone? Whose name is the phone in? What number are you calling? As said before, you need to actually speak to someone in Customer Service. You don't need to put in any details to do that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Ex-girlfriend? Ring up from any O2 mobile and choose the option to speak about a different number. Or call from a landline You need to call or your ex will continue to get the benefits on a rolling 30 day contract.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You just need to give 30 days notice now by calling cs.
You will get your final bill from O2.
Previously your balance wasn't zero because you would have needed to pay up to September 9th.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7