cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cold called and Mis sold a contract and now I'm in a mess.!!..thanks o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right..ive been an o2 customer for years,even used to work for o2 when The Listening Company ran the call centres.

So I was cold called directly from o2 last month and offered a new phone and contract.I was interested,had about a year left on my existing...  I clearly asked 3 or 4 times about the 120 refresh bill on my account,but was told not to worry about it as it would be wavered and my old contract be cancelled and i would start the new contract on next bill date..  it wasnt true..alex(the cold caller)had set up a seperate and new contract,new account..  i found this out after maybe a week when i phoned up to ask what i should do with the new sim as i wanted to keep my original number..then it all became clear.

I insisted that the phone call should be listened back to,CustService agreed and told me they would get back in touch within a week to tell me the outcome of the investigation(nothing yet,its been weeks)..i was told that as a gesture of goodwill,i wouldnt be billed on my original account this month.i got billed..i now have a new contract account thats defaulted and when i actually do send the new phone back in,ill have no phone as my old one has been given away as a present..  i really am not impressed.  Im looking for some suggestions as what to do next..should I go to OFFCOM?Trading Standards? ive tried calling custservice but just end up explaining the same thing over again once i get through,ususally after about an hour on hold.. i never asked for this mess to happen and really dont want to be an o2 cust anymore...          sorry for moaning Zipped

thanks     Riddi

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 21 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, he's one of those delusional ones that actually use bing!
Message 22 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yet another cold calling horror story. My sympathies to the OP. When are people going to stop buying into these scams? A rhetorical question, I suppose, because the answer is never.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 25

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Yeah, he's one of those delusional ones that actually use bing!

I love seedless grapes but have a problem with currants. Each to their own though. But back on topic, I really hope that you get this sorted. It's a mess and it needs someone high up to take responsibility in sorting this out. Please keep updating and the very best of luck.

Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Even worse when actually scammed by O2 themselves.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 25