Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

child account

Camilla12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, at the moment my 15 year old is on my personal o2 account and I pay for her iphone bills and insurance.  Her dad is no longer giving me maintainance and instead giving her an allowance. Is it possible for her to take over the payment or would we need to set up a new O2 contract/account etc. 

THanks for any advice. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9991 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Camilla12

Your daughter cant have her own o2 account until she is 18 and even then when she passes credit checks.

I would double check with the bank your daughter uses just to make sure they allow direct debits.

Also note if payment fails or is not made it will affect your credit record if it is classed as a late payment.

If after all that it is all OK, then contact customer services on 202 to change the direct debit.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9991 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Camilla12

Your daughter cant have her own o2 account until she is 18 and even then when she passes credit checks.

I would double check with the bank your daughter uses just to make sure they allow direct debits.

Also note if payment fails or is not made it will affect your credit record if it is classed as a late payment.

If after all that it is all OK, then contact customer services on 202 to change the direct debit.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Camilla12 

Bill payment details can be changed in your MyO2 under "manage my details" 

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3