Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card payments

Valmontina
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to pay my bill online for over a week. it is continually rejecting card. I have checked with bank  and card  not damaged and fubnds available. 02 are now threatening to cut me off.. age 75   and very unwell, this is a nightmare. I only use this one card for everything and have no problem paying other companies with it... help !!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Valmontina 

Give customer services a call and they will take payment Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Other ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Pay-Your-Bill-Contract/ba-p/1014090 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
I’m guessing this may be a preload card. If that is the case check to ensure that you are able to make on line purchases or if you are able to turn on or off the online purchasing permission ensure it’s turned on. I have a travel preload card that has this facility.

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Valmontina  You should consider setting up a Direct Debit. It would eliminate problems like this recurring, and end your worries over whether your bill is getting paid.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Vic
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been suffering the same issue and I have a direct debit with o2 they just aren’t taking the payments and are now threatening to cut me off and charge me extra when my bank has even stated it is at their side and they payment has been taken from my account !! Tried o2 customer service who told me it was my fault and the customer service agent actually called me crazy for even suggesting the issue was at their end. I am now planning to end my contract completely after being a customer for 18 years !! . Poor show o2
Message 5 of 15

Mcosta1999
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same problem with the payment online, and the bank said that nothing is wrong with my cards at all. But no matter how much I try to pay the bill it's not working I decided to call the 202, and I have been to the o2 stores multiple times, and the employees of the store are entirely unhelpful and very inattentive to the customer, To be frank. If the answer to fixing the payment problem within a couple of days, I have no problem with finding a NEW phone contract plan elsewhere in London. Thanks for the help not given to me O2.

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Mcosta1999 wrote:

I’m having the same problem with the payment online, and the bank said that nothing is wrong with my cards at all. But no matter how much I try to pay the bill it's not working I decided to call the 202, and I have been to the o2 stores multiple times, and the employees of the store are entirely unhelpful and very inattentive to the customer, To be frank. If the answer to fixing the payment problem within a couple of days, I have no problem with finding a NEW phone contract plan elsewhere in London. Thanks for the help not given to me O2.

@Marjo can you help please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

Valmontina
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last month my card was fraudulently used and my account emptied. It took the Halifax a couple of weeks to sort it out and refund me the money. I also had to have a new card sent. I am finding itl impossible to get throught to 02 with my new card details, and as a result my account has racked up just over £100 !!.. as a retired person this isl impossible for me.  There is no number I have not tried to reach 02 and with the current crisis there are ;no call centre staff to assist. How on earth do I  get rhough to them ?? I am at my wits end..

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Valmontina 

You don't need to get through to O2 to register your cards. Follow the prompts when you dial 4444. It will ask you if you want to top up by card. > Have you used this card before> Select No, then you will be asked for all your card details, then once registered you can top up

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions