cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Number Transfer Taking Forever Post. YANTTFP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you like, Requesting Another Number Transfer Incredibly Not Good. - RANTING...

It took a week of botched contracts, and failed messages to get the new phone delivered.

Now into four days and counting, and still no number transfer happening. This is after two attempts. One via the direct SMS method. Looks good, but didn't happen yet.

The second on Monday via the web page interfce. Looks good, but still ... nothing happening..

and yes I know this community can do nothing, but that's ok, because neither can O2 it seems.

I guess I'll just have to continue looking important, or like a drug pusher, and carry around two mobile phones ... until someone decides they should do a bit of work. I mean, in this day and age, and O2 Techs doesn't work weekends???? Do they think they are NHS doctors of something?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
So you are trying to swap 2 numbers to different sim cards?
Is the PAYG staying PAYG and the contract staying contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
So you are trying to swap 2 numbers to different sim cards?
Is the PAYG staying PAYG and the contract staying contract?

no, the "old" phone on the PAYG service is being replaced by the "new" phone on the monthly contract.

I'm patiently waiting for someone to transfer the number from the "old" phone to the "new" phone. So that I retain my original phone number. Then the old phone can go in the third draw.

It should be easy. But it's not turning out that way.

Message 52 of 63

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
OK, easy then - keep my number form slight_smile
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 53 of 63

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Yes that's the form I linked to way back in the thread when it became clear what @Anonymous was wanting to do.

Message 54 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122969 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost

I said that on post 26 of this thread....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 63

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Like I said - so much wood it wasn't clear to me.
Crystal now though.

Currently using:
Message 56 of 63

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Initially we thought it was just a simple sim swap until explained that it had been attempted by the text message and the online form. Once given the correct link it should have been an easy fix but I would be sending the form again.

Message 57 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Ok, thanks I will.

I'll check again tonight when my partner comes home. If I have to go ahead, this will be the 4 different method I have used to try to get the swap done. The other linked web forms are slightly differnt to this one... anyway, I'll see in about 4 hours ...

Message 58 of 63

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how it goes slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 59 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122969 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Both forms do the same job though. One just asks you to skip section 2nd 3 I think. This last one is what I used on Saturday to transfer my husbands number from payg to contract. As I said it took 10 minutes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 63